Monday, April 5, 2010

CaveMan Treats!

Here is a recipe for delicious looking caveman treats that My wife Meghan sent me. I wish I was around to try them because they look amazing and the feedback I have heard says they taste as god as they look

Don't forget to send in your recipe ideas and Workout of the day ideas. I'm always looking for good ones to post'.




Caveman Treats

you will need
1 cup of pitted dates.
1 med/large banana
3 1/2 tble sp. of ground almond
*sprinkle of (husked) sunflower seeds (so 1 tbls)

1/4 tsp cinnmon
1/4 tsp nut meg
1/4 tsp ground ginger


coconut
coco (Frys - amazing)
sunflower seeds (husked)


Here's what you do:

1/2 cup at a time make dates into a paste.  I warn you it's quite sticky. 
You can use a blender , I used my muscles. I mashed them into a bowl using my rolling pin. I have the type with out handles, it worked quite well. You can mash and mix them together.
Add in your banana to the sticky paste. You can mash them up before or during the mixing of the two.
I added my ground almond and then just used my hands. (clean of course) I found it much easier to mix them all together. Once the ground almond is in the mix, it makes life a lot more easier, messier and a whole lot of FUN.
Add you spices and sunflower seeds, mix well... I used a (dinner) table spoon to mix this.

Roll out into little balls onto a  pan.
Once that is done make them perfect by rolling them into the final touch.
I like to mix and match , some coco, some coconut...a few sunflower seeds. Trust me all are delicious..

Chill in the fridge for an hour and serve with fruit. So far berrys are the best compliment.

Bon Appetit !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Caveman2.0